There are few Free Wifi spots in Japan.
The lack of free Wifi coverage is an issue for most tourists in Japan.
At WJS Ginza in Tokyo, we rent out Wifi devices with the best coverage area in Japan.
Ninja WiFi routers enables you to connect multiple devices simultaneously. Connect to the Internet without having to switch your SIM cards or use data roaming. Moreover, you can return them directly at Narita and any other airport in Japan or return them by using the delivery service available at any convenience store, hotel or airport counter (500yen added fee).
Working out how much the WiFi rental will cost you is quite simple. You only have to pay for the number of days you are going to use the router.
|The rental fee|
Latest model from SoftBank with “Hybrid 4G LTE” technology. Blazing fast.
1,000Yen + tax / day
- Please be aware that exceeding 3GB in a day can result in a loss of speed and possibly a temporary loss of connection.
- Due to the best effort system, transmission rates may slow down or reach no connectivity depending on internet traffic. Moreover, transmission rates vary among usage areas.
- Downloading speed (max) reaches 110 Mbps depending on the usage area.
- Wifi device is compatible with a carrier aggregation downloading speed (max) of 150 Mbps. As of April 2015, this service is usable at a limited number of places.
- Starting from August 2015, we plan to start expanding our service to more areas. Depending on your usage area, the downloading speed (max) may drop to 112.5 Mbps, 75 Mbps, 37.5 Mbps or lower.
WiFi rental procedure
Apply online when coming to the store.Fill in the online application form with the return date, return method, number of devices you are renting, your name and nationality. Then, confirm the information and complete your application by paying online via credit card.
WiFi rental available at the WJS Ginza counter.
Filling Application Paper
Fill in the paper with the name used on the online application form.
Ready to use wifi
Please use the wifi device for the number of days you have selected. If you have any trouble using the device, please contact the call center below.
+81-50-5810-6932 Business Hours(Japan local time) 09:00〜21:00
You can find Wifi rental counters in 9 of the major airports in Japan. Before leaving Japan, you can return your device at the airport or at the Tokyo Shinjuku office counter. In case of return by delivery, there will be an additional 540 yen charge.
About WiFi rental and return method
You can find Wifi rental counters in 9 of the major airports in Japan. Before leaving Japan, you can return your device at the airport or at the Tokyo Shinjuku office counter.In case of return by delivery, there will be an additional 540 yen charge.
Notes on return
Make sure you put all the equipment in the pouch before returning it (device, cables, adapter, manual, etc). Please note that if the device isn’t put in it’s original pouch when you return it, it might not be considered as returned.
Kabuki WiFi is a prepaid pocket sized WiFi router which enables you to connect to the Internet for 15 days. Unlike WiFi rental, you don’t need to go through any procedure (credit card registration, etc) to purchase and use it. Kabuki WiFi can be purchased directly at the store and is ready-to-use with no additional cost.
How much does prepaid WiFi cost ?
Kabuki WiFi can be used for 15 days without limit and the router is disposable.
6,000Yen + tax ( 15 days)
- If usage exceeds 200MB the connection speed will be limited to 200kbps.
- Turn on the power and the first usage will be counted as start date.
- Up to 10 devices can be connected.
- ”KABUKI WiFi” comes with a discount coupon that can be used at major Japanese department stores, electronics stores, drug stores and other shops. In addition, if you return ”KABUKI WiFi” at Vision’s counter at the airport, you are entitled to a ”NINJA WiFi” WiFi router rental service discount coupon valid for your next visit, and a ”sushi-type miniature magnet ( 6 pieces) ” .